Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My day and night with Diondra Bridges

Diondra Bridges (image courtesy of show-mag.com)
Diondra Bridges. What a beautiful name! I met her on Twitter that morning. She was staying at Tribe Hotel, which is featuring on the prestigious Condé Nast Traveller’s Hot Lists for 2010. She was "just visiting", so I was "just welcoming her" to Kenya. She said Nairobi is a very beautiful city. She asked whether I had seen her at the hotel. No, but didn't I spot her at Westgate in the afternoon? In the branded Chrysler from Tribe Hotel? Yes indeed, so why didn't you say hi? Well, I was too shy. At that time, I was still "some random guy"...

So what are your plans for tonight? Let's go out! We may want to check out Black Diamond. Shall I pick you up in my Vitz at Tribe Hotel or do you prefer your branded Chrysler? Well, a Vitz is not a car, we are taking the Chrysler!

The rest is history.

Diondra is a fashion model, and at the same time an emerging actor, a perfect dancer, and an interesting student. She left the next morning for Cape Town. And me, I am still in Nairobi. But we will never be the same again.

13 comments:

Archer said...

I've never heard of her. She's not even on Wikipedia! Nice dashboard though. But why leave us hanging, did you go out on the town with her? How was it?

misterNV said...

tsk..tsk.. Rafiki.. stop holding out on us, man. What reeaaally went down??! The reputation of all Kenyan men is at stake here!

James Murua said...

Sasa wewe Rafiki unaadika story nusu nusu bana. Toboa the while vibe you guy. Ama its huko a fantasy you are writing. Either way maliza sitory mchamaa!

bankelele said...

Ahem, Rafiki, you seem to have omitted my match-making cameo in this (incomplete) tale

Rafiki said...

@ Archer: She's not famous! And you don't need to know her. Especially you, please don't get to know her.
I knew you would love the Chrysler's dashboard!

@ misterNV: Well, well, I think I have done my part in the reputation of Kenyan men...

@ James Murua: Thanks. BTW, I love your site!

@ bankelele: LOLEST, and what matchmaking exactly did you do? Just spotting her at International House? Maybe you just missed your chance... Anyway, just send me your invoice for services rendered, if any.

Lizzie Shiro said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm- Those boobs can just make me become gay

Rafiki said...

@ Lizzie Shiro: Could you just become bi instead of gay? Thanks.

cdohnio said...

Oh my!! Isn't she gorgeous!!? Lucky bastard!!

Anonymous said...

I'd take her home to meet mama

Lizzie Shiro said...

Came here to have one more look. Am no hater but I suspect lots of adobe Photoshop went in producing the final product

Rafiki said...

@ cdhonio: Yes, I was lucky, and I thank God for that!

@ Anonymous: What does mama have to do with this?

@ Lizzie Shiro: Photoshop is always used on such pics. It's an excellent software, but garbage in is still garbage out. And quality in, is more quality out.

Bomseh said...

Wait a minute, you said Cape Town? That's closer to me. Wonderful boobs, photoshop or no photoshop.

Anonymous said...

Diondra im my blood...And no one needs to knows what happended. ppl are so nosy