Sunday, March 7, 2010

My predictions for the Oscars tonight

Gabourey Sidibe
Although I love the Césars more than the Oscars, here are my predictions for tonight's Oscar ceremony:
  • Best Picture: The Hurt Locker (yes indeed, beating Avatar, and Avatar can get Best Director with James Cameron)
  • Best Lead Actor: Jeff Bridges (for his role of a lifetime in Crazy Heart)
  • Best Lead Actress: Kenyans with a taste for real women support Gabourey Sidibe's nomination (for her role in Precious), but I think Sandra Bullock (America's sweetheart playing a strong mom in The Blind Side) may still turn out to be the winner tonight.
What do you think? Could I be right or am I completely wrong with these bets?

7 comments:

Normzo said...

sidibe. . I dont think she will win. my money is on the sandra woman. But lets see what happens. I have always lost money in such ventures.har!

coldtusker said...

Say what you will... but GS more than a little on the plus plus plus side?

She should be on The Biggest Loser pronto. Or hire a personal trainer & dietician. Just way too fat, fat, fat... aka obese!

coldtusker said...

What the heck does she weigh?
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/03/01/2010-03-01_precious_star_gabourey_sidibe_gets_fattened_up_by_lee_daniels_at_naacp_awards_ce.html

Anonymous said...

wow, all correct! How did you know, Rafiki? Are you one of the judges?

Mountainous said...

spot on :-)

Ερμής said...

hi my friend!!! You have a perfect blog. I am a friend from Greece

http://diaforetikimatia.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-post_09.html

This is my site. Please visit me, friends of wonderfull Kenya!!!

KK said...

Mhmmm!!!?

Should I call u up when I become a betting man?