Two-day practical training seminar for Kenyan men - proposed programme
Note: Due to the complexity of the content, each seminar will accept a maximum of eight participants. The seminar will last for two days, and topics covered include:
- Toilet rolls - do they grow on the holders? Round table discussion.
- Differences between a laundry basket and the floor. Practicing with different types of laundry baskets.
- Dishes and cutlery - do they levitate/fly to the kitchen sink by themselves? Debate among a panel of experts.
- Losing the remote control. Help line and support groups.
- Learning how to find things. Starting with looking in the right place instead of turning the house upside down while screaming - open forum.
- Beauty does not equal booty. An introduction to common English spelling mistakes.
- Sex: we can't all be perfect, but we can at least avoid the worst moves of all times. An update from the Kenyan blogosphere.
- How to do away with unrealistic expectations? Case study: coming home stinking of Tusker and expecting your partner to cuddle and act all-loving.
- Empty milk cartons: do they belong in the fridge or in the bin? Group discussion and role play.
- Are Kenyan women too choosy or are their standards realistic? Group reflection exercise.
- HealthWatch: Bringing her flowers is not harmful to your health. PowerPoint presentation.
- Real men ask for directions when lost. Real life testimonial from a man who did.
- Is it genetically impossible to stay quiet as she tries to find parking in Nairobi's CBD? Driving simulation.
- Living with adults: Differences between your mother, your partner and your "she's just a friend". Online class and role play.
- How to be the ideal shopping companion? Relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques and info-session on the latest credit cards.
- It is not uncool to show that you care: remembering important dates and calling when you're going to be late. Bring your calendar, Blackberry or iPhone to class.
- Taking control in a relationship. She may be a control freak, but really, she wants you to be THE MAN, so step up already.
- Getting over it. Learning how to live with being wrong all the time.
- How to put the toilet seat down. Practical demonstration.