Sunday, October 26, 2008

DVD's @ 200 bob

I reported earlier about the first Kenyan Amazon. Well, it looks like we have a second one now, at least for DVD's: Quick Flicks StoreThey claim to be Kenya's premier online DVD store and are selling DVD's from KSh 200. You can browse their online catalogue and place an order. The DVD's are then delivered by courier (at KSh 100) to your doorstep within Nairobi and its environs in 1-2 days. You pay cash on delivery (currently the only payment option).

Anyone tried this service? Could it be trusted (they only give a mobile phone number as contact on their site...)?

7 comments:

Shiko-Msa said...

At least someone is trying. These small steps towards E-commerce will get us there in the end.

Rafiki said...

Some people are trying yes. But who is licensing and/or controlling e-commerce sites in Kenya? Probably nobody?

kirima said...

I wish someone could vouch for the quality of DVD's one thing I totally dislike are poor quality recordings especially those knock off 25 in ones. Pity I'm not in Nairobi so I can't test the system.
I am a sucker for quality so I buy DVD's from Amazon.co.uk for the movies I want for keeps I will be preordering The Dark Knight before its Dec 8 DVD release

Rafiki said...

kirima: I am sure they will deliver to the Mountain on request. Not sure about the quality though, I was wondering how legal these DVD's really can be at that price... I would also rather pay a bit more for guaranteed quality. The nice thing about well established e-commerce sites like Amazon are also their personalized recommendations. We still have a long way to go here in Kenya... let's see which local store will offer real copies of The Dark Knight first.

Anonymous said...

I actually tried them out and their dvd quality was very good

Anonymous said...

The site is offline!!!!!

check on it.

Blogger said...

There is a chance you are eligible to get a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.