Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two long week-ends are coming your way!

Please be reminded that we are approaching two long week-ends (10-12 October 2008, and 18-20 October)? Well, I think we should take advantage of the long week-ends to enjoy our country and promote domestic tourism. 

Too expensive? Maybe not. The Africa Point Travel Club for instance is offering a 3 nights, 2 days Lake Elementaita Getaway (destination: Elementaita Flamingo Camp and Cottages) at KSh 5,950 per person, inclusive of all meals and transport from Nairobi. 

So, have you made any plans for the long week-ends? Should we thank Kenyatta and Moi for the long week-ends? Can we have a Kibaki Day and Raila Day as well please?

4 comments:

Nairobian Perspective said...

Thanks for sharing,im off to the site to see if they have a package for couples!

Shiko-Msa said...

Thanks for the info. and you seem to have taken off for one of those destinations yourself. I think I'll visit Elmentaita on Kofi Annan Day.

Rafiki said...

nairobian perspective: there are some very romantic places to stay in Kenya for couples, most of them relatively expensive though still worth the splurge (Msambweni Beach House, Elsa's Kopje, Tortilis Camp, ...). But I find the best one for couples still to be basic camping in the smallest tent you can get, in a lovely setting, with some choma on the fire and a few drinks.

Shiko: When is Kofi Annan Day again (I tend to forget). I was indeed out of blogosphere for a couple of days, and I am glad you actually noticed...

Shiko-Msa said...

the smallest tent you can get....... aha. I see. True that.

Kofi Annan day is yet to be set! On a serious note we who are already at the coast need to sample the beauty of such places as Elmentaita, Lake Nakuru and such other beautiful upcountry destinations. Just next to my village back home there is a bird haven which people come from far and wide to see but believe you me I've never set foot there. and I grew up there! that's almost criminal Lol.